Predictions results show for 2007Edit
We recap our predictions for 2007 and see how they panned out over the course of the year.
- Major label goes DRM free by the end of the year.
- Yahoo will be sold by the end of the year.
- Downloaded movies will be in competition with HD-DVD/Blu-Ray.
- Apple will become the largest seller of computers, overtaking Dell.
- PS3 will be neck and neck with other consoles.
- Viable Linux desktop competitor by end of the year.
- Venice (Joost) will "rip up the video download space"
- PS3 will be a failure for Sony. (correct for first 10 months)
- There will be a Buzz Out Loud baby (see Eli)
- Bebo is the new MySpace.
- No iPhone at MacWorld.
- iPod will get WiFi before an Apple phone comes out.
- Major movie will be released in theater and DVD on the same day.
- Steve Jobs will leave Apple.
- Vista will be cooler than expected
- YouTube as we know it will cease to exist.
- Zune integration with the Xbox 360
- iTV (Apple TV) will ship with a DVR or at least hard drive.
- More companies will put content on YouTube for free.
- Google OS
- PS3 will see its revival as a Blu-Ray player instead of gaming device.
- Amazon will gain a legitimate marketshare in the digital download war, both Amazon and BitTorrent will feature DRM free content and by 2008 iTunes will go DRM free
- PS3 will have extremely mediocre sales
- An Apple phone will be a success but wll not dominate the market like the iPod
- The Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 will have equal marketshare by the end of 2007
- Vista will continue to have patch Tuesdays in 2007
- The Apple phone will be a big hit
- The Wii will be the best selling console of 2007
- 2007 will show the common computer user not rushing to Best Buy to upgrade to Vista
- iTunes music will no longer be DRMed
- The Xbox 360 will finally get a bigger hard drive and the core unit will sell for the same price but get a bigger 20GB hard drive
- There will not be a winner in the Blu-Ray HD-DVD war and consumers will not know the difference between both of them